Monday, March 3, 2008

Our strippling warrior


(That's Josh on the right, with his Dad and brother, Teddy.)


For the past few months, the phrase "Please bless Josh and his family..." has been a constant phrase in our prayers. Josh is our nephew who was diagnosed with brain cancer. He was opperated on in Febuary and is doing great. Now he is starting radiation and cemotherapy this week, which I'm sure is going to be very tough. I have been thinking about him, his parent Gordon (Keith's olders brother) and Ruth , and their four other newly adopted younger siblings. I heart aches for the them, and I wish I could help. I know that we are not to question the trials we or others are asked to endure, but I do reallize that some are so much greater than others. Watching your children or others children suffer is difficult. However, I know that the Lord knows each of our strenghths and weakness. Ruth, Josh's mom often says that Josh is a warrior. I know that is true. We have been reading of the Strippling Warriors. They were fearless and obedient in battle knowing that they could die. They preformed with exactness those things they were asked to do, even when they were difficult. And they did all this because their mother had taught them to be faithful and obedient. Josh is our example of a stippling warrior. As mothers, we never know what battles we are preparing our children for, but we have all that we need to prepare them. The gospel of Jesus Christ. What a blessing it is to know what matters most, and be able to give it to your children. The gospel bring peace when comfort is hard to find. The gospel bring direction when all others have lost their way. Most importantly the gospel brings us closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

We love you Josh. You are such brave and faithful boy. The Lord has many great things instore for you as a leading in these latter-days.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow Tamee, that really breaks my heart. That is so much to go through at a young age and you really made me think about what I am preparing my kids for.